Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Progress...

I didn't realize how draining and time consuming this adoption process would be when we first dove in.  I knew it wouldn't be easy but I guess you never know the reality of it until you are going through it.  It is an emotional roller coaster and sometimes it seems like there is no end in sight.  Then the day comes when you make it one step closer to bringing your child home and that hope is renewed that this is only temporary and there actually is a child half way across the world waiting to become part of your family.

That hope was renewed in me again this week.  We finished all of our home study paper work on August 3rd and were waiting for our clearances to come back so we could be assigned a social worker to do our home visits.  On Monday night, we received a call from our social worker!  I was not by the phone when she called so she left a message.  As I listened to that message, I got butterflies in my stomach and my heart was filled with joy.  It felt like this day would never come.  Our first meeting is on September 8th and we should have our home study completed by the end of the month.

Progress!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment